Home

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tuna and feta dip (or spread)

A quick post about a dip I made about a week ago.

I was in the mood for tuna but run out off cheese. I had half a packet of feta ...
How bad could they taste together, I thought.




Taking into account the fact that I am a tuna addict... 
Well, let's just say I could eat it out of the can. :)

If you remember my post about my tuna dip (for doritos) - tuna with feta is a simple variation of that post.

What is important though, this may be even better. I didn't reach my verdict on this yet. I have to compare them some more. :)


Tuna & feta dip (or spread)

Some facts:

My rating: 10/10
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time:  max. 8 minutes
Total time:  30 minutes
Yield: 1 1/2 - 2 cups


Ingredients
  • 1 can of tuna (shredded, NOT in oil) (approx. 140g)
  • 2 hardboiled eggs (medium)
  • 100g feta
  • 1/2 cup chives
  • 1-2 tbsp of mayonnaise
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • 1 tbsp Greek yogurt (optional)

Cooking Directions
 Just like with my basic tuna dip, you:
  • drain tuna
  • boil eggs
  • chop chives
  • scrape/chop feta (prepare for mess) :)
  • grate eggs (the smallest holes) 
grater with small holes :)
grated eggs - you don't have to separate the whites from the yolks
  •  put everything in a bowl
  • add mayo (and yogurt if you use it)
  • season to taste
mayo + pepper + salt
  •  stir  & eat it all!
delicious as a spread :)
 
Notes and a tip :)
You can substitute mayo for yogurt altogether. Mash the dip with a fork to avoid salty lumps of feta.


TIP: if you want to peel the shells of the eggs without ripping the egg apart - after boiling, drain the eggs out of the hot water. Then, fill the pot with eggs with really cold water and !!! crack the egg shells !!! and leave the eggs in the cold water for a couple of minutes. It works for me almost every time :)
50% of success this time :)

I just thought that it's a pretty quick dish to use for a New Year's Eve party :)

Have a nice day!

©2010-2011, copyright Guilty Pleasures
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print