Home

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Orange muffins 2.0

I made orange muffins some time ago and they would be a complete disaster if I didn't trust my intuition enough to introduce some changes.


I found another one recently and decided to give it a try. I am a bit distrustful of oranges and grapefruit in baked goods. However, I'm also a sucker for their taste so here we go...


The recipe is from Annie's Eats and it's amazing. I was taking pictures after dark - sorry for the flash glare :)

Orange muffins

Some facts:
My rating: 7/10
Prep time:  20-30 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40-50 minutes
Yield: 18 big muffins

Ingredients
Dry:
  • 3 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt

Wet:
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 200g butter, melted and cooled
and
  • zest from 2 oranges

Cooking instructions:

Preheat the oven to 200*C

As always, mix dry ingredients together, mix wet ingredients together. 


Mix both dry and wet mixtures till combined and stir in orange zest at the very last.



Fill the muffin cups to half of their height.


Bake for 18-20 minutes or till the toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.

Prepare the glaze according to this recipe and drizzle over still warm muffins.




The glaze makes them 200% better!


Have a nice week!

©2010-2011, copyright Guilty Pleasures
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print