Home

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Friday Favs - first snow

 I've been meaning to knit my hubby a beanie this whole week, but my the lazy part of me took over and I didn't even start. Eh... Thankfully, I'm almost ready with one of my crochet Christmas presents.



I have so many ideas about Xmas dishes and cookies... It'll be so difficult to chose...

Well, some of the amazing candy and cookie recipes are too time-consuming for me (lazy :)).
Other require ingredients I can't find anywhere around my town. 

To tell you the truth, I'm tempted to stay with my all-time favourite family recipes.

These include: apple pie, fluffy cheesecake, poppy seed cake, shortbread cookies and gingerbread cookies.

At the Christmas Eve dinner we will have fried carp, borscht with uszka and bigos.
Christmas Eve in Poland is traditionally a part of the fast - there's no meat in any of the dishes. My family doesn't eat mayonnaise on the 24th of December as a part of the fast, but some people prepare simple vegetable salad.

I am a big fan of vegetable salad and will be posting a recipe here some time soon. :)

My fav this week is snow. Who would have guessed, huh?  :)


It's not much but it snowed so beautifully that day. And it gives promise of a white Christmas. :)

What's best in the frosty and snowy weather? Sweets!

1 | 2 | 3 | 4
I'm making chocolate orange peel - it looks so delicious. Haven't got a candy thermometer so my options are low in the sweets department. I dream of making my own marshmallows. I guess I could add a candy thermometer to my Xmas wish list :)

Hope your (and mine) dreams come true this winter!

Have an amazing weekend!


©2010-2011, copyright Guilty Pleasures
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print