Home

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Broccoli and feta dip (salad)

 Vegetable options this winter are pretty slim. I don't like to buy imported veggies. Thus, I'm stuck with frozen veg or nothing at all.
 

One of my absolute favourite frozen veggies is broccoli. I could eat it everyday, seriously.



I love to boil broccoli (frozen or fresh) and serve it warm with a dollop of garlic sauce. Delicious!

Another easy and relatively fast dish is my friend's broccoli and feta salad.

I can be a dip if you cook broccoli really soft - it will come apart during stirring and give the whole dish a beautiful green colour.

Broccoli and feta dip (salad)

Some facts:
My rating: 9/10
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes
Total time: max 60 minutes
Yield: for 3-4 people in separate bowls as a salad; as a dip - a lot :)

Ingredients
  • 500g of frozen broccoli
  • 1/2 package feta, diced
  • 3-4 medium carrots
  • 3 small eggs (optional)
  • 2 tbs of Herbes de Provence mix
  • 3 tbs Greek yogurt
  • 1 tbs mayonnaise
  • pepper
  • salt
  • paprika

Cooking instructions 

Cook broccoli and carrots and eggs. Dice, shred, grate - just make the pieces smaller. 

I grated eggs and sliced carrots into half-circles. My broccoli was overcooked (oh, well) - I just pressed it with a fork and mashed it up a bit.


Feta - I hate cutting this stuff. It sticks to the knife and makes a terrible mess. I cut it a couple of times and hoped it'll come together with the rest during stirring. I was right. :)


Sprinkle the veggies mixture with herbs and pepper and salt. Then add the sauce and stir till mixed enough for you. 

To make the sauce, mix yogurt and mayonnaise. Or use garlic sauce.


Bon Appétit! 





©2010-2011, copyright Guilty Pleasures
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print