Home

Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Favs - hot chocolate

 Last but one day of the year :) I'm drinking hot chocolate while completing New Year's Eve party menu.



This time, I'm doing only half of the cooking as we are invited to a party, but still... I'm not going 
empty-handed, am I? :)


So, this past weeks favs are: 
  • lazy time with my husbando :)
  • sweets and leftover food (Xmas stuff: meats, salads and cakes)
  • my new cookbooks (presents from my bro and hubby)
I have it in Polish and I'm enchanted by the way Miss Dahl writes about food. The recipes are a perfect addition to great personality :)

My bro knows me so well :) An excellent addition to my Nigella collection. Full of summer spirit.

  • Lord of the Rings Trilogy in HD  - 12 hours of movie time :)
Eowyn - one of my fav characters :)
  • long walks by the river (one walk actually, but hey I did walk after all the eating, right? and it was 5-6 kilometers so it counts double, doesn't it?) :)
it's the Vistula River by our town


Hot Chocolate

Some facts:


My rating: 9/10
Cook time:  max. 15 minutes
 Yield: about 1 1/2 litre of yumminess


Ingredients:


  • 1 litre of heavy cream (30%)
  • 1/2 litre 3% milk
  • 1/2 cup nutella
  • 1/2 cup chopped easy nutella fudge (or another 1/2 cup of nutella)
  • 1 vanilla bean (10cm long) cut in half lengthwise 
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Cooking instructions:

Pour cream and milk in a big pot and put over low heat.

Add vanilla bean and vanilla extract.
Add chopped fudge and nutella.

Whisk it and stir till chocolate stuff melts.

Heat it up till pleasantly warm and serve right away.

Notes:
It is a very heavy drink. To make it lighter add more milk - 1/2 litre.
You can add different extract to change the flavour. 
The recipe is a modified hot chocolate recipe I found on Pioneer Woman (link at the top of this page).


Have a nice weekend!


©2010-2011, copyright Guilty Pleasures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print