Home

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tuna dip (for doritos)

We had some people over during the weekend and I had to come up with something quick and delicious.

Some time ago I got a recipe for this dip from a friend - you don't get precise measurements here. This time it's solely about the taste. Plus, the final dish is slightly different every time. Always delicious.

I don't have the picture of the dip after mixing because I forgot and quickly there was nothing to photograph. :)

I think it tastes best with spicy doritos or tortilla chips. My husband makes sandwiches with it as well.

The dip in itself may come out a bit bland but you may season it as you like. We put some salt and pepper to taste. I think that paprika would add a bit to its flavour.


Tuna dip

Some facts:
My rating: 10/10
Prep time:  25-30 minutes
Cook time:  max. 8 minutes
Total time:  25-30 minutes
Yield: half a 2 liter bowl


Ingredients

  • 2 cans of tuna (shredded, NOT in oil) (approx. 260g)
  • 3-4 hardboiled eggs
  • 130-150g cheese (any yellow cheese)
  • 2 cups chives (or green onions)
  • 2-3 tbsp of mayonnaise
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • 1 tbsp Greek yogurt (optional)

Cooking Directions

Boil 3-4 medium eggs. Or 5 if they are small.

Drain tuna. Put it in a bowl.
Grate cheese on the smallest holes in the grater.

Chop chives/green onions. 
 
Once the eggs cool a bit, grate them like you grated the cheese.
Put all ingredients in the bowl and stir to combine.
Notes:
Do not use tuna in oil. I made this mistake and had to stir the dip every couple of minutes because the oil would come out and form puddles on the surface. Didn't look particularly tasty.
Both chives and green onions are ok. I used green onions last time and didn't throw out the onion bits. I'm now growing my own chives on the window sill. :)
Greek yogurt - sometimes mayo is too oily, isn't it? Plus, yogurt has a flavour of its own that adds to the flavour of the dip.

Cheese - any yellow cheese would do. I used Gouda and Emmentaler cheese. I don't recommend any really soft cheeses - it will be a hell of a trouble grating it. :)



Bon Appétit!



©2010-2011, copyright Guilty Pleasures
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print