Home

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Cheesy chicken bites

Long time no see. I just realised that the posts that I queued didn't appear on the blog as I planned, so I'm saving them and will be posting from now on.

I didn't have much time to write posts and take pictures, but hopefully that time is behind me now.


I've been planning on making this dish for some time now.
My mum made this for me and my bro when we where in high school and I totally forgot about it till last week.


Hopefully, all goes well and the batter won't be too runny for the chicken bits - mum said to make it pretty thick so that it covers the chicken and holds to it while frying.

Cheesy chicken bites

Some facts:

My rating: 8/10
Prep time:  15 minutes
Cook time: 5-8 minutes
Total time:  20-30 minutes

Ingredients
  •  chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 1 tbsp starch (potato flour)
  • 1 egg
  • 1-2 tbsp grated cheese
  • salt 
  • pepper
  • water
  • oil
Cooking instructions

Cut chicken breast into bite sized chunks.


Season the chicken (salt, pepper) and set aside.

Mix flours with egg and cheese to get a thick batter.

The batter should be a bit thicker than the batter for pancakes.

You may season the batter as well (I didn't).

If you've got a lot of chicken to cover, just mix more of flours and cheese and add some water.


Heat the pan with vegetable oil  - you don't have to deep fry the chicken but a considerable amount of oil will be needed.



Dunk the chicken pieces in the batter and  then put in the cooking oil.

Fry till golden brown, fish out and put on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.



It's a great dish to serve hot on it's own, but I served it with potatoes and green salad.

Bon Appétit!

Have a very nice weekend!

©2010-2012, copyright Guilty Pleasures

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print