Home

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chocolate cake

I felt the urge to bake again, but as I didn't have an oven till today (I bought one today <sooo happy>) I had to raid my mum's kitchen

Being soo inspired by this recipe I decided to try it out with some modifications (as I didn't have some of the ingredients and didn't feel like going out to buy them- lazy me!)



I present an idea inspired by the Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie:


Chocolate cake:
 
2 cups of all purpose flour
1,5 teaspoon baking soda or baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
200g butter

1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar ( I didn't have it and used regular sugar, but the cake lacks sth, I think)
1 large egg or 2 two small
2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract ( if you don't have one use some other extract - I used orange)
250g of some chopped chocolate (I used dark chocolate and some milk chocolate with hazelnuts)



Preheat oven to 170*C. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix butter and sugars until the mixture is light and creamy. Add egg and vanilla and  mix until they are fully incorporated. Stir the egg and flour mixtures together and add chocolate.


Transfer dough to a 24cm springform tin and bake it's brown 35-40 minutes. Check if it's ready by sticking a toothpick in the cake; if it comes clean it's ok. Don't overbake it because the chocolate  melts during baking and what you want is a cake, not a blob of chocolate :)




I made some pics of the cake with my phone, the quality isn't good, but it's all I've got...
And try eating it with some flavoured buttermilk ("baked apples" flavour for instance) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Print